merlin, barrow's goldeneye

Just wanted to tell you about a fun trip Merrill Webb, Rob Bogardus and I
took Friday afternoon.  Headed in the direction of Salem Pond we
found Townsend Solitaire, Pine Siskin, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, and
Yellow-rumped Warbler at the Provo Cemetery.

At the Flying J, we saw a few Great-tailed Grackle's. And nearly at the
pond, we found a Merlin perched in a tree top. A fun one for all of
us...one of those self-imposed whiplashes as you go by and realize that's
a bird you've got to go back for.

At Salem Pond we saw an assortment of ducks including American Wigeon's,
Lesser Scaupp and Common Goldeneye. What was really great was one Barrow's
Goldeneye preaning in the middle of the Common flock. So if anyone doesn't
want to go up north to get there's.... :)

Overall we saw more than 20 species, a fun trip on a rainy day! Hope
everyone had a great time at Antelope Saturday! Asta la vista~

Cami Harris