Forward: Dipped out

>From: Julie VanMoorhem
Date: December 20, 2002
Subject: Dipped out 12/19/02

Birds 5, Birders 0. Yep, the birds won yesterday. Pomera Fronce and I
targeted 5 birds in Utah County for a day's birding, but couldn't find any
of them.

We started at Lois Clark's and enjoyed her wonderful hospitality, saw
beautiful Lesser Goldfinches, Ca. Quail, Spotted Towhee, Scrub Jays, Pine
Siskins, and American Goldfinches but the Harris Sparrow did not put in an
appearance. Thanks anyway, Lois; we enjoyed your company and that of other
birders present.

Rock Canyon--no Canyon Wren but 10 mountain goats. Two rams with great
curling horns.

Canyon View for Alton's Winter Wren (again)--no wren.

Timp Sewage Plant--no Swamp Sparrow, but did meet up with Kay Stone whom I
hadn't seen in a month of Sundays. It's good to see birding colleagues
you've missed.

Well, we just knew we'd get the Greater White-fronted Geese at Tri-City
GC--but no; would you believe there was not a single Canada Goose let
alone a GWFG!

So we dipped out big time! Who woulda thunk it?!

I guess that means we just have to go again--you can beat us but not
defeat us!

Good birding y'all.

Julie