Recent Birds

It's once again time to join the world of birding/birders. I feel like the last few months have slipped by with not much excitement, at least birding wise. So last week I reaffirmed my years birding goals and started a big month for October. I'll try to post any rare or unusual sighting. Here's a start for the last few days!

      Band-tailed Pigeon- Spanish Fork RR siding along I-15
      Osprey- Salem Pond
      Common Grackle- Salem Pond
      Townsend's Warbler- Salem Pond
      Merlin- Utah Lake/Lincoln Point [ A beautiful black subspecies]
      Cassin's Vireo- Payson Cemetary
      Fox Sparrow- Goshen Canyon [ Near canal shack at south end]
      Ferruginous Hawk- West side of Goshen Cemetary
      Lewis' Woodpecker- Salem Canal road
      Shorebirds- 10 species as noted by Julie VanMoorhen at Utah Lake State Park