Shorebird hangout dilemma

On our last fieldtrip K.C. brought out the question:  Where can we find
mudflats to see shorebirds? The good old places like 4000 W in Lakeshore,
the field at the end of Swede Lane and the Airport Dike are all dried out
and the mudflats are miles out there even beyond our  super scopes.
 I went driving out to Lakeshore this morning (River Lane was very quiet)
and ended up checking Swede Lane. The old tower is still there and
surprisingly the shoreline was not too far away, still at binocular
range. The little bay to the SE is a lot closer now and across the water
to the north the shallow places in the middle of east bay are within
scope range.  Lots of ibis, stilts, herons and pelicans present, but no
migrant shorebirds yet. It's worth checking in the next few weeks when
the migration gets on the way (I hope).
If you know of any other possible mudflats or other access to Utah lake
please post.
Good birding   ~   Tuula