Christmas Chukar

I looked out my back window this morning and saw what I thought was a rather large quail in my back yard (I usually don't get too many quail, so I was pleased).  I then noticed that it had bright orange legs, it then turned around and I realized it was a chukar.  This is a first for my back yard, and I am really surprised that it came.  It was alone, was fairly tame, and had some bare skin showing on it's back where the feathers were worn away; so I suspect it might have escaped from someone.  But, they are all introduced anyway, so he is welcome to drop by anytime he wants.

Merry Christmas,

Matt Thorum