Forward - Mourning Doves

Date: Thursday, June 27, 2002 at 17:32:12
Subject: mourning doves
Email_Address: shldbrg@netzero.net

I am new at birding. please bare with me.  I mourning dove
nesting in my apple tree, in my back yard (about 15 feet from the
dinning room window) This is the first I have noticed this bird so
close to habitation.  THe nest is made of sticks,small and very fragile
looking. Is this normal?? What kinds of food should I be providing for
her??  What type of bird feeders do doves prefere.  I have hanging
hooper type feeders.  I also put out chicken scratch around the base of
trees for the quail.  I live in the Val Verda area of Bountiful.  Any
suggestion would be appericated. Thanks