Forwarded - Mourning Doves

Date: Thursday, June 27, 2002 at 17:32:12
Subject: mourning doves
Email_Address: shldbrg@netzero.net

I am new at birding. please bare with me. I mourning dove
nesting in my apple tree, in my back yard (about 15 feet from the dinning room window) This is the first I have noticed this bird so close to habitation. THe nest is made of sticks,small and very fragile looking. Is this normal?? What kinds of food should I be providing for her?? What type of bird feeders do doves prefere. I have hanging hooper type feeders. I also put out chicken scratch around the base of trees for the quail. I live in the Val Verda area of Bountiful. Any suggestion would
be appericated. Thanks

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com