Burrowing Owl (Salt Lake Co.)

While waiting for a tow truck (which is another story-- this has been, let's say an interesting week vehicle wise!!) I decided to check out Cougar Park Nature Preserve (about 6600 South and 4875 West, in West Jordan).  Over in the north-east corner of the fenced in area was my first Utah Burrowing Owl of the season.  It flew over the fence from near the railroad tracks into the protected area.
Even though I saw at least 30 of these little guys near the Salton Sea a couple of weeks ago, I still get excited to see them.  If the robin is the first sign of spring, the Burrowing Owl must be the first sign of summer!!!
Good Birding!!
Bruce