Minersville

There are some springs above Minersville that support a large flock of
pinion jays.  I also saw a White-throated sparrow there around 9 A M
this morning.  I could have had a good picture but it was a casual
little trip while training my husbands homeing pigeons.   There were two
immature Snowy Egrets at the resivoir, a merlin scaring the kildeers.
No ducks, perhaps down the other end.  The water has been let out
recently leaving lots of small and large puddles.   Those springs are
north on a dirt road off of rt 21 almost directly from where 130 "T's"
with it.  Dripping Springs is the name of the first one on the UT R & R
Atlas.     I like the Minersville area for birding and need to explore a
lot more.  There are lots of mines around too for the rock hounders.
Judy