birds

On our way back from a breeding bird survey near Bluff Ut we were
surprised to find route 14 closed to Cedar City!  Not to be detered or
detoured we went to the Mammoth Cave road and on to Brian Head and down
to Parowan.  BUT on the way we spotted an Osprey nest with at least one
fledgeling.  The parent left the nest and that baby's head looked as big
as the parent.  There may have been two.  This was in the evening on the
5th.  There is still plenty of snow at Brian Head and a beautiful Mt.
Blue bird.  Do they nest in the snow?
In Ivins on the corner of 40W  400 S
there are a lot of trees around some homes and buildings.  I saw three
different kinds of doves in there, mourning, eurasian collard, and
white- winged.  There may have been inca doves in there too.  There are
Phainopepla also  which makes me think they are nesting there, all of
them.  Ofcourse there is the mocking bird.  Now if you go in the
driveway the first house is not very friendlly but in the back inside
the gate and the cactus the old coulple that live there are the ones who
planted all the trees and continue to feed and water the birds.  Now she
can't see and he can't hear but they did say people were welcome to come
and see the birds.  They don't get up until after 12:00.
      My computer "went south" so I need email addresses.
If anyone is interested what birds are I saw in eastern Ut, I'll be glad
to post it.    Judy