Cooper's Hawk

Monday late afternoon, St. George had a tremendous wind storm.  It broke
limbs from our trees....... and threw a large limb from my neighbor's
cottonwood tree right down on the nest where the mother Cooper's Hawk
was sitting.  They called yesterday to say it had killed the hawk.  Then
today I got another call with an update.  The limb landed right to the
side of the nest and she said that she thought because it was so deep,
it didn't harm the mother or contents and she was back on the nest
again.

The wind also blew my other neighbor's bird nest out of their tree with
three babies...... so they came to see this weird bird lady.  What an
opportunity to talk to them about birds.   Funny how people really love
birds, and you would never know it until something like these two
instances happen.