Minorsville Resv.

3/7  Mon.

We birded the area from the reservoir through the little old town of Greenville.  The water level is still low so it's not full of mud and debris.  Lots of water fowl, golden eyes, red heads, ruddys ect..  Plus 247 snow geese.  :>)

There is an active horned owl nest in Greenville.  It's on the left headed east in a tree behind an old building that may have been the gristmill.  There is a plaque out front.  As you head into town from the reservoir  always stay right.  Following the dirt road all the way into Beaver yeilded some good birds too.  In all we saw 5 Bald eagles, 4 Golden eagles,  5 Northern Harriers, 3 great blue herons, 4 mountain blue birds,  canada geese and the red winged black birds are showing their epaulets and declaring their territory with spring songs.  Lots more species.  It's worth a club trip for sure.  Judy