Out & About

Hey... Where yall been???

Dixie birders here. We been out in them thar soggy fields a day or two ago and seen some rally neat birds. Charlie and I had to take our shoes off to count so high - 43 species.

Here's a few of the bestest:

Greater Scaup - Straton Pond, other wise called Grandpa's Fishing Hole
Black Scoter - 7 or 8 at Sand Hollow
Hooded Merganser - Straton Pond
Bald Eagle - 2; one over Sand Hollow, one over the infamous Pecan Orchard
Ferruginous Hawk - Hurricane Fields
Golden Eagle - same
Common Ground Dove - Wilson's Peach and Pecan Orchard, etc. (No "Woody")
Long-eared Owl - 15+ We waz havin' to duck their chuckin' and chivin'. Never seen so many in my life. Thanks Marshall. No, he's a bad guy not a good guy... ;-)
Verdin - in Tumblin' tumble weeds... better known as Russian Thistle.
Dark-eyed Junco (Gray-headed)
Western Meadowlark - lots and lots of purty birds. Hi miss Purdy.

That's it for now. See yah on the trails. Oh... was that you Rick we passed on the road to Sand Hollow. We waved.

Dixie Willie