Washington County Birds

Hello Everyone,
While we were in Florida for a week (first year bird was a Fish Crow) you'll
found not only two new species for Washington County, but found them in my
home town.  Well done!  Fortunately they both stuck around and on Tuesday
morning (1/4), I saw both the Common Ground-Dove and the Red-headed
Woodpecker.  Also yesterday (1/5) a Ross's Goose had joined the wintering
Greater White-fronted Goose at the Spring's Estate Pond and the Snow Geese
and Canada Geese are also continuing at the Hurricane (SR-9) Sewage Ponds.

Great finds on the Dove and Woodpecker.  I've been looking for a Common
(and/or Ruddy!) Ground-Dove for years.....nice job David.  This brings the
Washington County species total to 367, but unfortunately we sent the
updated '2005' Wash Co. Checklist for printing on the 24th (so it will be
ready in time for the St. George Winter Bird Festival).  I was thinking it
very timely since it was replete with 'Rufous-backed Robin', but I guess
it's already somewhat obsolete.

Happy New Year,

Rick Fridell
Hurricane, UT