Red-headed Woodpecker

VJ and I observed the Red-headed Woodpecker this morning at
11:30.  It has moved to the north end of the orchard west of
Wilson's orchard.  To reach the new site, do not turn left
at the turnoff to Wilson's orchard but continue straight
(right).  That road runs between Wilson's orchard and the
other orchard.  There are some pheasant pens on the west
side of the road at the north side of the orchard.  The
woodpecker was flying between some poles near the pheasant
pens and the first couple of rows of pecan trees.  It was
very vocal and easy to locate.  We searched for the ground
dove at Wilson's but did not find it.

Steve Hedges