St. George CBC Highlights

Sunny and warm like it should be for a christmas bird count in St. George - until about 3:00 in the afternoon, but by then most of the little winged critters were wearing little stickers that stated "I've been counted."
Highlights of the count included:
A BALD EAGLE near Ivins
A GREATER-WHITE FRONTED GOOSE at Springs Park Pond
A COMMON MOOREHEN at Red Hills Golfcourse
2 BLACK-CROWNED NIGHT-HERONS near Washington Fields
3 VERMILION FLYCATCHERS (all males) at scattered locations across the circle
An EVENING GROSBEAK at the St. George LDS Temple
BLACK-THROATED SPARROWS at a couple locations
BLUE-GRAY (and perhaps BLACK-TAILED) GNATCATCHERS (1 of each).
RED BREASTED (4) and WHITE-BREASTED (1) NUTHATCHES
And remember how excited we were to get EURASIAN COLLARED-DOVES a couple years ago? They're up to 73 now!
Kevin