September Field Trip

Hi

Just a reminder of our first field trip of the season, this Saturday (9/18/'04). Meet at the BLM office, 345 E. Riverside Dr. at 8:00AM.

Destination points are Lava Point, Blue Springs Reservoir and Kolob Reservoir.

Our past trips to these points have turned up migrating waterfowl and shorebirds on the reservoirs, kettling Red-tailed Hawks, Zone-tailed Hawks, Northern Goshawk, Condors, Wild Turkey, both Bald and Golden Eagles and various passerines, including Lewis' Woodpecker and Mountain Bluebird.

Most recently (Aug. 31, '04) there was a reported Acorn Woodpecker about 2 miles up canyon from the parking lot of the Wildcat Canyon Trailhead next to Pine Valley Peak near a large old pine tree, or 3 miles down from Blue Springs Reservoir - near the Lamoreaux Cabin.

Good birding.

Bill Hunter
Red Cliffs Audubon
St. George, Utah