Spring Birds

Hello,

Kristen and I finally had a chance to get out and enjoy the spring weather,
and the early stages of spring migration and nesting are in full swing.
This weekend (3/27 & 3/28) Lucy Warblers are back and singing along the
Virgin and Santa Clara Rivers.  Black-chinned and Costa's Hummingbirds are
back and doing their display flights. Inca Doves continue singing around
Brentwood and Canyon Ridge in Hurricane.  House finches and Lesser
Goldfinches are already incubating eggs. Yesterday, in St. George, I saw a
pair of Vermilion Flycatchers courting and collecting nesting material.  I
love this time of year when each week brings a new batch of migrants and
summer residents.

Enjoy the spring,

Rick Fridell
Hurricane, UT