Winter Bird Festival Field Trip, etc.

Hello,

As part of the Winter Bird Festival, today (1/24) we had a great field trip
to Quail Creek SP, Stratton Pond, Sand Hollow SP, and the Hurricane Fields.
Highlights included a Pacific Loon on Quail Creek and a Northern Shrike in
the Hurricane Fields. We also did very well on waterfowl and raptors (list
below).  Those remaining topped off the morning with a Lewis's Woodpecker in
an orchard in Hurricane.  Thanks to everyone who showed up for the bird
festival, it certainly was fun.

This afternoon, I met Larry Tripp and he showed me the Swamp Sparrow at the
Virgin River Trail (in the ditch between the golf course and I-15) and later
we found the male Vermilion Flycatcher in the Davis' yard in Bloomington.

Best Regards,
Rick Fridell

Species observed on the WBF field trip (9:00-12:30):

Mallard
Northern Shoveler
Green-winged Teal
Canvasback (10+ at Stratton Pond)