Rails, Green Heron, and Blue-winged Teal

Hello,
Water levels at Berry Springs Marsh (located along the Virgin River behind
the Quail Creek Chevron and QC Estates) are very low, making conditions good
for spotting Rails.  Last night (7/3), just before dark,  Kristen and I saw
4-6 Virginia Rails including at least 2 immature birds.  We also saw a
recently fledged Green Heron, so it looks like they have successfully nested
at Berry Springs Marsh again this year.

Today (7/4) at noon, I saw a male and female Blue-winged Teal on the SR-9
(Hurricane) Sewer Ponds (NE pond).  There are also a few other lingering
ducks (2 Shovelers, 2 Ring-necks, 6 Ruddys).  Lately, at around 8:30 pm,
there have been many Lesser Nighthawks flying over Brentwood, Canyon Ridge,
and other areas around 3400 West and along 600 North (west side of
Hurricane).

Best Regards,
Rick