Audubon Field Trip: Grace's Warbler, Red Cossbills, and Eurasian Collared Dove

Hello, this is Matt Curtis welcoming a special opportunity to write to
users of redcliffs birdnet and to the members of the redcliffs chapter of
the Audubon Society.  Today (6/14/03) Audubon Society Members and I went
to Pine Park for a field trip, stopping along the way to bird the
Enterprise area, the Hebron area, and the Enterprise Resevoir area.
Besides the usual wonderful weather, the birding was pretty amazing.  All
told, in the seven hours of birding we saw 58 species.  That's a little
more than 8 new species an hour, not too shabby.  The most amazing
sightings of the day were a Eurasian Collared Dove in Enterprise, some
Grace's Warblers (both male and female giving us some great looks) and a
baker's dozen Red Crossbills in Pine Park, and a Phainopepla near
Enterprise Resevoir.  A good day to be sure.  Without further ado, here is
the complete list for the day:

Near Enterprise
-Brewer's Blackbird
-Housefinch
-Western Kingbird
-Eurasian Collared Dove
-Western Scrubjay
-Northern Mockingbird
-Turkey Vulture
-American Robin
-House Sparrow
-Western Meadowlark
-Great Tailed Grackle
-Brown Headed Cowbird
-Red Winged Blackbird
-Blue Grosbeak
-Northern Rough Winged Swallow
-Golden Eagle
-Pinyon Jay
-Spotted Towhee

Near Hebron
-Cliff Swallow
-Common Raven
-European Starling
-Yellow Headed Blackbird
-Red Tailed Hawk
-Common Nighthawk
-Mourning Dove
-Green Winged Teals
-Mallard
-Ruddy Duck
-Ring Necked Duck
-Killdeer
-Gadwall
-Cinnamon Teal
-American Coot

Pine Park Vicinity
-Chipping Sparrow
-American Kestrel
-Mountain Bluebird
-Western Bluebird
-Grace's Warbler
-Hairy Woodpecker
-Yellow Warbler
-Violet Green Swallow
-Black Phoebe
-Black Crowned Night Heron
-Plumbeous Vireo
-Western Wood Pewee
-Red Crossbill (13)
-Broad Tailed Hummingbird
-Western Tanager
-White Breasted Nuthatch
-Northern Flicker
-Rock Wren (VO)
-Black Headed Grosbeak

Enterprise Resevoir Area
-Canyon Wren (VO)
-Pied Billed Grebe
-Spotted Sandpiper
-Bullock's Oriole
-American Coot
-Phainopepla

Thanks to Kevin for setting up the trip.  It was great!
-M@