Least Tern

This evening (5-30-03) my dad and I observed a Least Tern on the golf
course pond off of the north side of Bloomington Hills Drive.  It was
sitting on an island in the pond for a while and then took off and caught
a small fish, then returned to the island.  This tern has been at this
pond for a while now but we only realized it was a Least Tern today when
we took a closer look at it and discovered the white forehead and the dark
primaries.  It is also noticably smaller than other terns and has a yellow
bill which is unique for terns.

After we watched the tern for about half an hour we took a drive to South
Bloomington Hills and saw a Eurasian Collared Dove.

Mike Schijf