Shorebirds, Snowy Plover, and Vermilion Flycatcher

Hello,
This afternoon (3/27; 5:30 pm) I stopped by Stratton Pond and Sand Hollow
Reservoir (Washington County, UT), and despite the 'Hurricane' winds, I was
surprised with many neat birds. The highlight was a Snowy Plover on the
gravel bar below the SW corner of the north Sand Hollow dam.  This is only
the second Snowy Plover I've seen in Washington County.  Also there was a
large flock of (~110) American Avocets, and seven Marbled Godwits.  In
addition, there were approximately 50 Red-breasted Mergansers on the
reservoir.  On the way out from Sand Hollow, I saw a female Vermilion
Flycatcher and a flock of 16 Long-billed Curlews in the Flora-tech Fields.
At Stratton Pond was a small flock of 30 Avocets along with a single
Black-necked Stilt and a Long-billed Dowitcher.

Spring migration is certainly starting to pick up momentum, however there
seems to be a dearth of Sage Thrashers this year!?!

Best Regards,

Rick Fridell
Hurricane UT