Fwd: [birdnet] St. George Bird Count Highlights

From: "Utah Birds" <utahbirds@excite.com>
To: birdnet@utahbirds.org
Subject: [birdnet] St. George Bird Count Highlights
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 10:32:12 -0500 (EST)

 Tuesday, December 31, 2002 at 00:58:59
Subject: St. George Bird Count Highlights
Email_Address: joshkreitzer@yahoo.com

The St. George Bird Count was very enjoyable. The weather was warm and the sun shined all day. We saw a total of 96 species. Rarities and count firsts include: Eurasian Collared Dove, 2 in Middleton and 10 just south of Washington City west of the square pond there in a tree; 2 Great Egrets, 2 Tundra Swans, 5 Greater White-fronted Geese, 1 Snow Goose, 1 Cinnamon Teal, 1 Sora, 1 Common Moorhen, 13 Ring-billed Gulls, 3 Northern Shrikes, 1 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, 1 Hermit Thrush, and 11 Brown-headed Cowbirds. Also of note, more White-crowned Sparrows were counted than House Sparrows, 1,790 to 1,233.
Good Birding,
Josh Kreitzer

P.S. Thanks to all those who partipated. Special thanks to Marilyn Davis, Ken Hinton, and the Arizona Strip BLM.

P.P.S. We had a great turnout at the count, but could use more birders. If you're in southern Utah at Christmas time, please join us next year for a fun day of birding.

_______________________________________________ Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com The most personalized portal on the Web!