Springdale Pond

This evening (10/17) I spent a couple of hours (5:30-7:30pm) at the
Springdale Pond watching for the Varied Thrush found last week by Lonny
Boring. While I did not see the thrush I did see a couple of nice sparrows.
There was a "Slate-colored" Fox Sparrow foraging in the leaf litter along
the trail on the west side of the pond.  And finally I saw a White-throated
Sparrow in Washington County!  A 'tan-striped' White-throated Sparrow was
loosely associating with a small flock of White-crowned Sparrows on the
north side of the pond near the big Box Elder tree and the large rock.

Rick Fridell
Hurricane, UT