American White Pelicans.

Title: American White Pelicans.
OK! You're not going to believe this one.

As a follow-up to my last posting regarding the SunRiver pond, I mentioned American White Pelicans. Well... this evening about 8pm I get a call from a friend on the bluff overlooking the pond saying I've got to get there quick....

Too make a long story short, I counted on one count 341+ American White Pelicans on the water. I counted five times. I could not get an accurate count because of the moving of the "flotilla". Each count was over 300 and I think that 341 was conservative. One resident phoned me to say that "there were over 500 on the pond and that they came in in waves". Yea, well....

What can I say? AWESOME!!! For a desert community, St. George ain't half bad. I'm getting camera and going early in the morning to get pictures before they lift off.

Dixie Willie
St. George