Rose-breasted Grosbeak at Lytle; Bendire's Thrasher along SR-91

Hello,
Temperatures are high, nectarines are ripe, and the orchard is hopping at
Lytle Ranch, Beaver Dam Wash (6/14; Washington County).  Highlights included
an adult male Rose-breasted Grosbeak in the large mulberry tree on the south
end of the orchard and Scott's Orioles everywhere.  Apparently the dry
conditions have congregated the Scott's Orioles along the Beaver Dam Wash.
I counted at least 20 individuals in the orchard area and nearby blossoming
Catclaw Acacias.
On my way back to St. George I was lucky enough to encounter a Bendire's
Thrasher standing in SR-91 (1.5 miles south of the Utah Hill antenna
turn-off).  I was able to pull over and view the thrasher through my scope
while it foraged in the gravel beside the road.  I believe it was a juvenile
(because of extensive buff on breast, sides and flanks).

Please do not hesitate to contact me if anyone needs any additional
information or directions.

Rick Fridell
Hurricane, UT