Lapland Longspur, etc.

We found the adult Lapland Longspur at the location described by Kristin
in Cache Valley, around 2:00 pm.  It was with a small flock of about 30
Horned Larks.  The Great Horned Owl was in the trees further north, also
reported by Kristin.  In the town of Paradise (south end of Cache
Valley), we saw another Great Horned Owl and 24 Sharp-tailed Grouse.  22
of the grouse were noisily feeding in the trees at the Paradise Cemetery,
apparently unaffected by the snowmobiles roaring nearby.
We checked on the Fulvous W-Ducks twice, at noon and 5:00 pm, with no
luck.  From those birders we talked to, the ducks were not seen at all
today.
At Farmington Bay WMA, no Glaucous-winged Gull, but we were rewarded with
a Great Egret.

Joel and Kathy