BRANT - no.... Cackling Goose - yes!

Glenn Barlow and I headed up to Logan before light to take a stab at
the Brant.  When we arrived at the Golf Course, there were nearly 250
Canada Geese on the large pond on the west side of the course, the
pond on the east side was deserted.  There were several very dark
Canada Geese, but no Brant in sight.  But what did pop out were 1, and
possibly a second CACKLING GOOSE.  The for sure bird could have been
the brother of the bird I photographed on the SLC CBC last month (at
least in its general appearnce).  We went to 20-20 ponds to see if
maybe some geese were ther - nope.   There was however a lone juvenile
Tundra Swan, yes Tundra, not Trumpeter.  We also wrangled up a fair
list of waterfowl including BARROW's GOLDENEYE on the pond north of
the dump.

Again, if anyone sees the Brant please contact me ASAP, 801-440-3035.

Thanks and Good Birding

Tim