Trumpeter Swan still in Salem

After my morning of Gulls and Wren's I had to be in Provo by 6 for a
dinner, so I turned it into a birding outing.  I headed straight to
Salem and the Swan in question was sitting in the middle of the
private pond.  I took a lot of distant pics (none worth keeping),
before I grabbed the scope and decided to take a closer look.  I know
there was some question as to wheteher or not the bird could be a Mute
Swan.  My two cents are that the bird is not a Mute Swan, and is a
Trumpeter as orignally ID'd.  The bill shape and size fit Trumpeter,
as well as the neck width in relation to the body,  The other ID point
is the length of the wings in relation to the tail.  On a Mute Swan
the tail would extend 5 maybe 6 inches past the wings, on Trumpeter
not more than an 1" or 2".  this bird was the latter.

Not a bad day of birding!  I will post some pictures of everything in
the morning!

Good Birding

Tim