CBC

Dear Bird Enthusiasts

It's not too early to start planning for the Christmas Bird Count.
Northeast Utah now has two CBC circles.  This is only the second year that
Ouray NWR will be hosting a CBC circle and we really need counters!!  To
add some drama, Fish Springs NWR has challenged our circle to a contest to
see which circle counts the most species.  Last year, our small handful of
counters found 37 species.  Not too bad for a first year effort with a very
small group.   In 2005, Fish Springs counted 51 and in 2004 they counted
49.  With equal number of participants this could be a close contest.
Ouray's CBC will be held December 17.  Meet at the office at 7:30 am.
Contact me if you need more information.  Fish Spring's CBC will be January
1.  Contact Jay Banta at jay_banta@fws.gov for more information.

The second Northeast Utah CBC circle is the Jensen/Dinosaur NM area.  It
will be held Dec. 31.  Contact Kathy Paulin for more information at
kpaulin@fs.fed.us or go to the CBC website at
http://www.audubon.org/bird/cbc/.

Diane Penttila
Ouray NWR