GREEN HERON IN UTAH COUNTY

     This afternoon I found a immature Green Heron in Springville. It was near the Flowserve Ponds. To get there take the first Springville exit if your heading southbound on I-15. Head east when you get off of the exit, go past the first light and the Flying J and Maverick gas stations. Turn right on the second light which is posted as 1100 west. Also called Mountain Springs Parkway. Drive down this road almost until you get to the stop sign and T in the road. It was catching fish on the pond on the right/west side of the road. It was awesome to see. I watched it catch a fish and swallow it whole. Watched it for about 20 minutes. What a bird. Only the second I have seen ever in Utah County. Also seems like an easy bird to photograph.

KC Childs