no Caracara, BUT!!!

I know that is a sneaky way to get you to read the email, but it may be
worth it. I will get to the point first, and then the birds seen this  morning.

I was sitting in my car watching the field that Candy had seen the Caracara
in and noticed a Turkey Vulture flying toward me low across the field on the
north. It crossed the road and then hovered like a kestrel. Wait a minute that
 is not a vulture. It now had my attention and I followed it with the
binoculars.  It dove on a hawk sitting on a fence post and out came the bright yellow
legs.  YES, a Zone-tailed Hawk. My first one ever and #300 for the year. It
was 11:00  am and by the green field a mile or so west of the intersection of
36 &  199. When you find the dead skunk by the side of the road you are there.
Candy  was parked behind me and also got to see and verify the hawk.

I met Candy earlier, and also ran into Steve Carr and Pomera at the pond
just south of the intersection. They had spotted two Sabine's Gulls there.

While driving around the area, I saw five Golden Eagles, a Peregrine,
several Ferruginous Hawks, many Red-Tailed Hawks, Mountain Bluebirds, Loggerhead
Shrikes, Sage Thrasher, a Swainson's Hawk and a Sharp-shinned Hawk.

I think if the weather is decent tomorrow I will go again. The camera was
sitting next to me, but did not have time for a photo.

Jack Binch