Hermit Warbler

This morning at Pine Valley in Washington Co. I saw a first fall female Hermit Warbler mixed in with a large flock of birds. This time of year if you can locate a good sized flock in Pine Valley your chances of finding a Hermit with them is pretty good. The problem is finding the flock. I spend four hours and didn't see a lot of birds until I found one. Included in the flock was 7 species of Warbler ( mostly Grace's) 3 Species of Vireos (2 Cassin's) a lot of Nuthatches,Chickadees a couple W. Tanagers 2 Brown Creepers a Hermit Thrush and a Red-naped Sapsucker.I saw these birds near the Whipple Fork trailhead. About 50 Yards up the trail you cross the creek from there take the trail that forks to right. Down that trail about 100 yards is where I saw the birds.

LT