Curlew Sandpiper - NO again

Colby Neuman and I made the trip to the causeway this morning, along
with about 15 other hardy souls searching for the CUSA again.  and, yet
again, as far as I have heard nobody relocated the bird.   A bit
frustrating.  Not to mention that after only about 20 minutes of looking
a Peregrine chased off a good number of peeps in the location we were
looking.  We also struck out on the Turnstone, and could not locate any
Whimbrel.  Beware, there are about 1/2 a dozen juvenile Long-billed
Curlew, which have shorter bills.  Note the differnce in shape from the
field guide, and also the difference in size.   A Whimbrel is about the
same size as a Willet.

Here is a list of birds we did see:

Pectoral Sandpiper
Solitary Sandpiper
Black-bellied Plover
Snowy Plover
Semipalmated Plover
Willet
Long-billed Curlew
Killdeer
American Avocet
Black-necked Stilt
Red-necked Phalarope
Wilson's Phalarope
Baird's Sandpiper
Western Sandpiper
Least Sandpiper
Semipalmated Sandpiper

I did see one strange shorebird.  It looked almost like a Dunlin, but
with a rufous belly.  THe bill wasn't quite as downcurved or long.
Unfortunately it flew before I could take pictures or figure out if it
was just mud.

At Garr Ranch we heard and or saw:

Townsend's Warbler
Nashville Warbler
Yellow Warbler
Wilson's Warbler
MacGillivray's Warbler
Warbling Vireo
Barn Owl
Virginia Rail

I may have forgotten something, who knows.  Keep looking for those rare
birds!

Good Biridng

Tim

http://www.timaverybirding.com
Salt Lake City, UT or Wherever the Birds Take Me!