Acorn Woodpeckers in Washington County

Hello,
Last Sunday (8/7), Kristen and I saw a pair of Acorn Woodpeckers (male and
female) in the Kolob Meadows between Kolob Reservoir and Lava Point
(Washington Co. UT). After hearing rumors of Acorn Woodpeckers in Zion for
years and having hiked miles looking for them (in vain), we were stunned to
see these actually sitting in the road! We managed a photo and then they
flew off to an adjacent aspen grove.  The location is along the Kolob
Terrace Road; if you're heading south from Kolob Reservoir it is exactly 1.0
mile south of the reservoir where the pavement starts, and if you're heading
north from Lava Point / Blue Springs (and Virgin) it is exactly 1.0 mile
north of the Kolob Creek crossing (Condor viewing area).  There is a aspen
grove in the meadow to the west and a hillside covered in oaks to the east.
Just north of this spot the road makes a large bend and there is a wooden
sign reading 'Bird's Eye View Ranch', or something close to that. I received
a call yesterday (8/13) from Kevin Wheeler and Pam Larson and they found
(after hearing) the woodpeckers in the oaks east of the road.

I apologize for the late posting. Please do not hesitate to contact me if
you need any additional information.

Best Regards,
Rick