Ovenbird in Ogden still there as of 6 AM Wednesday

The Ovenbird on the Ogden Bench near 29th Street (see Kris Purdy's
e-mail for great directions) was singing its heart out this morning
exactly at the pink flagging tape Kris put up a few days back, about
150-200 feet south of the intersection of the Taylor Canyon and
Bonneville Shoreline Trails.  The little guy was stridently singing on
an exposed Gambel oak branch right next to the trail at 5:45 AM and
allowed me to get quite close without flying off.  When I returned ten
minutes later with a camera, he'd moved into the subcanopy of the oak
scrub and, though I was able to get close to the source of his earnest
song, I was never able to see the bird again despite about 15 minutes of
effort (I avoided using a tape in keeping with Kris' request).  Upon my
return, the Ovenbird had moved south along the trail and further up the
slope from the trail.  It seemed implausible that it wouldn't be visible
(I was often within 10-15 feet from where the voice was issuing high in
the scrub) but nada.  He was still at it when I left about 6:15 or so.

The little feller can be heard half way up the trail as you approach
the area, long before one reaches the Bonneville Shoreline Trail.  I
often stopped to listen for other Ovenbirds in the area, but heard none.
 There were other, similar songs, but no more Ovenbirds this morning.

Good luck.