Whimbrels at Sand Hollow SP 4/18

Hello,
Last night at 7:30p Kristen and I also observed and photographed three
Whimbrels at Sand Hollow State Park.  They were originally along the
shoreline in the northwest day use beach area (diminishing quickly as water
levels in the reservoir increase) with a single Long-billed Curlew and four
Marbled Godwits.  They all flew out and perched on a small emergent
sandstone outcrop allowing nice scope views. Carol and Nicky are right about
these being elusive birds, as this is only the second time I've seen
Whimbrels in Washington County (Josh, do you recall the first?).

Also we have a pair of Hooded Orioles that have been hanging out in the yard
for the past week and most days there are a couple of Inca Doves calling
around the neighborhood (Canyon Ridge, especially near the end of 290
North).

Best Regards,

Rick Fridell
Hurricane, UT