Eurasian Wigeon

Hi All,
This afternoon I'd had enough honey-do's for the week, so I made a quick trip around Lincoln Point and the south end of Utah Lake. In the bay just north of Lebaron's Point, on the west side of West Mountain, a large raft of ducks were concentrated and feeding. It was made up mainly of Northern Pintail, with a sprinkling of Green-winged Teal, Mallard, Gadwall, Cinnamon Teal, American Wigeon, and one EURASIAN WIGEON. It was a striking adult male in full plumage and fairly easy to pick out. I used a scope and simply parked along side the highway. I would imagine it may not stay long, so hurry if you're interested.

Good Birding,
Dennis Shirley

Do you Yahoo!?