Crows/Ravens

FYI
I find Crows to be present all months of the year here in Paradise Utah.
Also I see them in Hyrum and Logan.  There has been a pair of Crows
nesting here in Paradise, right next to my lot, for the past three years.

Another pair nests in a large spruce tree near the Paradise Church.
I suspect there are nesting pairs up Blacksmith Fork Canyon at the
Hyrum City   Power plant.  I didn't find the nest, but the crows are
present during nesting season.

One evening two years ago, I was in Logan at Third North and Main just
at sundown, and there were many crows flying in and landing atop the
Ford Garage.  I guessed about 65 near as I could tell.  I assume they
stayed the night there.   I am curious to know if anyone else has seen
crows going to roost there?

After the young fledge, it seems they bunch up with other crows and
go on foraging tours.  It is not unusual to see 50 or more together
around the area, and often locally here in Paradise.  They especially
like to forage where the local farmers have spread manure.
(competing with Gulls)

I haven't often seen Ravens in Cache Valley though they do occur.

When I traveled down I 15 to St. George, the bird most often seen
was the Raven.  (well, maybe excepting starlings and pigeons)
There seems to be lots of Ravens in the state.

I won't go into the ID of the two species as I suspect it has been well
covered by now.

Jim

http://donce.lofthouse.com/jamaica/HB/hb2.htm