a few more East Canyon birds

I visited East Canyon late this afternoon. At about 4:20 p.m. a surf
scoter was seen in the company of about a dozen common goldeneyes in the
vicinity of the boat ramp at the state park. At about 5:00 p.m. a horned
grebe was seen with several eared grebe several hundred yards west of
the inlet end of the lake, although at this point the light was not the
greatest so I may be mistaken. I also saw about a dozen common loons and
four hooded merganser drakes, as well as other more common birds. The
Barrow's goldeneye was not observed, and the bald eagles seemed to be
gone for the day.

Lu Giddings