LEUCISTIC GREBE - ANTELOPE IS

While searching for the juv SAGU yesterday afternoon, I spotted what appeared to be a leucistic grebe among a large flock of EAGRs, north of the western bridge on the AIC and well offshore.  One would assume this bird was an EAGR too, but remember that KP and I found a leucistic HOGR at FBWMA in late Aug.  Those with scopes should look for it and try to make a positive ID.

There were literally thousands of migratory birds (ducks, geese, gulls, peep and probably WIPHs) north of the eastern bridge.  Without a scope, I could only make a few specific IDs, but these birds are definitely worth a look.  An amazing sight.

Some friendly birders were kind enough to point out the SAGU to me, at least a half-mile south of the western end of the AIC.  Too far for a photo.  I'll be back ....

Jim McIntyre

P.S.
For those who may be unfamiliar with the avian acronyms used by biologists and banders, here's an explanatory link:
http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/bbl/manual/aspeclst.htm#N.  Use of these 4-letter acronyms saves a lot of typing and most are obvious.  (There are a few exceptions.)  I encourage further use of them on BIRDNET/TALK.