Stilt sandpipers

Thursday morning (8.19.04 9am) I saw four STILT SANDPIPERS at the Utah Lake State Park, or Provo Boat Harbour (Utah Co.). They were with two dowitchers, feeding in the same fashion, just west of the boat harbour between the jetties. Also present: lesser & greater yellowlegs, Wilsons phalaropes, least, western and Bairds sandpipers, semipalmated plovers plus all the usuals.

I was pretty sure of my ID at first, and then ran into Eric on the way out and we went back. He agrees with me, so I'm posting this.

I did not see anything that would match the mystery black turnstone reported by Alex.

Good birding  ~  Tuula