Green Herons

I believe that the Green Herons have a nest in the marshy area north of the WVC Cultural Center. This morning once again I saw one fly up from the first large cottonwood trees on the west side of the river north of the center. I was at the bend of the river on the east side of the river. Because I seen them a number of times flying up from the area, I believe that they are nesting there. If so you might have luck seeing them landing and taking off from there because they must be feeding young now. To get to the area park at the Oxbow Trailhead, off of 1000 West from 3300 South. Walk west along the bike trail between the Oxbow Jail and the river. When you get to the large bend of the river, there is a bank with a steep overlook. It is there that I saw them fly up from the marsh area on the other side. You will be able to see the center to your south. I have never tried to get into the area on the west side. I believe that it is owned by the water dept.