>From: bill addington
To: ible@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 12:52 PM
Subject: question

I just received a call from a lady in Baker City OR who is looking for
some folks who would be willing to help her grandson experience birding.

He is developing quite an interest and for whatever reason doesn't seem
able to find any help on his own.   I don't know if the boy is allowed
internet access, but grandmother certainly cringed at the idea of him
having an on-line conversation with a stranger.  I assured her that they
don't come much stranger than some of us birders.
Anyways, I am unfamiliar with the area down there and could use some
leads for this kid to get hooked up with preferably an organization in
the Ogden UT area.  I remember a few UT folk have posted in the past, if
I might get a private response with a phone number to pass on to granny
that she can give boy, if you don't mind him giving you a call.

Secondly, is it really this much effort to find out about organized bird
watching?  I remember when I got started I couldn't find anything, then
their was an event in the little happenings section of the paper.  After
that it has become obvious to me about what's going on, but what about a
newbie?

Thanks and please answer direct to
babybloomers@juno.com
bill a