The west desert

I got back late last night from birding the west desert area of Utah from Beaver Co. to Juab Co. There were several good birds out there which Dana already reported the birds that were seen on Saturday. The best bird was the male Black-throated Blue Warbler that I saw on Sat. afternoon in a dense thicket of Russian Olive trees with a spring fed pond and a small steam running through them. I'm not sure what the area is called but it is about 30 miles S. of Callao,7 miles E. of Gandy. We tried to relocate it Sat. night and I tried again on Sunday but couldn't find it.
The best bird I saw on Sunday was a singing male Tennessee Warbler in the town of Callao.It was at the west end of town, I heard it singing from my truck as I entered the town. When I located the bird it was singing from a small mostly dead tree behind a deserted house on the north side of the road.I last saw it fly into some tall Elms at the next house to the E.
I didn't see anything unusual at Fish Springs just the birds you would expect this time of year. I stopped at a few other small springs on the way S. but didn't see anything rare. The only other thing of note was a male Purple Martin in the fields south of Milford.

Larry Tripp