Weber & Morgan Counties

March 26, 2004

Today's goals were met:  to complete two counties as part of the Utah
County Birders 2004 Challenge (29+ species in 20 Utah counties) and to
pick-up new birds for the year.

The weather conditions included rain all day and some snow.

Weber County

The two target birds were the Trumpeter Swan and Tundra Swan.  Upon the
advice of Jim Poulter of Layton's Wild Bird Center, my wife and I found
the Trumpeter Swans with Tundra Swans at the north end of Pineview
Reservoir. Perhaps the storm had "forced" them to the north end because
prior reports had them at the first inlet on the east side of the
reservoir.  Nine species of ducks were on the reservoir.

Morgan County

My best birds were 10 Wild Turkeys, a Black-crowned Night-Heron, two Say's
Phoebe all north of Croydon; a Common Loon and seven duck species were at
East Canyon Reservoir.

Despite the inclement weather, it was good to be out.

Alton Thygerson