Bonaparte's Gulls

Pomera and I just had to get out in the rain today so we went to Antelope--not much there: a coyote on the causeway, some Eared Grebes, a juvenile Northern Shrike and a Loggerhead Shrike on the island, some buffalo; the Burrowing Owls were probably snuggled down in their burrow--they're much smarter than we are!

We came back by Lee Kay Ponds and saw Avocets, Black-necked Stilts, a Caspian Tern, and about 15 Bonaparte's Gulls dancing on the water!! I don't think I've ever seen them this early before. Cormorants, Redheads, Common Goldeneye, etc. were present, too. Three swallow species were around--Cliff, Tree and Barn.

I think spring is almost here!!

Julie Van Moorhem