Northern Hawk Owl

Larene Wyss, Glenn Barlow, Paul Higgins and I drove to Elkhorn Village, Idaho to see the Northern Hawk Owl on Friday, February 20th.  A long drive in one day but well worth it.  Paul Higgins took some great photos of the bird.  One of them is attached here for your enjoyment.  Others birds of interest that we saw were Pileated Woodpecker and Bohemian Waxwings.  Additionally we saw G.B. Heron, Canada Geese, Gadwall, American Wigeon, Mallard, Pintail, G. W. Teal, Common Goldeneye, Bald Eagle, Red-tailed Hawk, Rough-legged Hawk, Kestrel, Golden Eagle, Pheasant, Belted Kingfisher, Northern Flicker, Magpie, American Crow, Raven, Horned lark, B.C. Chickadee, Mountain Chickadee, Robin, Starling, Song Sparrow, Dark-eyed Junco, R.W. Blackbird, House Finch, Common Redpoll, Pine Siskin and American Goldfinch.

Bill Fenimore