Mountain Birds

January 31, 2004

Rock Canyon (east of the Provo LDS Temple) provided great views of these
birds:  Canyon Wren, Red-breasted Nuthatch, Golden-crowned Kinglet, Mountain
Chickadee, Black-capped Chickadee, Pine Siskin, and Townsend's Solitaire.
Most of the above birds were near where the trail forks (one to the
campground and the other trail to Squaw Peak).

January 30, 2004

I saw Chukar and Canyon Wren in Rock Canyon.  Merrill Webb was also in the
canyon and told me that he saw:  Golden Eagles and Bushtits plus all of the
the birds I saw on 1/31/2004 except for the RB Nuthatch.

Alton Thygerson